Sunday, October 23, 2011

Toot Toot


So, this week I had to write an essay pretty much saying what an amazing person I am. It's quite hard for me to toot my own horn, as I assume it is for just about anybody else. This is my 250 word essay I wrote for my National Honor Society application:

I believe I have many character traits that would qualify me for the National Honor Society. I posses good leadership skills that benefit me greatly. I am very helpful to my peers in and out of the classroom. If someone doesn’t understand the material we are covering in class, I try my hardest to explain it to them in a way that they will understand. I also try to be very helpful outside of the classroom during dance team and show choir practices as well, while keeping the atmosphere positive and focused. If ever a problem arises, I get involved, contribute my ideas, and try to be as helpful as possible. I like to be inside the action rather than standing off to the side and watching while someone else fixes a problem.
            I also stand up for what I believe in. If I see something that I don’t like, I will say something about it. I believe in respecting others and I am not afraid to stand up for someone in trouble. I also believe in respecting yourself. I look after myself and my friends and stay away from endangering situations. I choose to stay away from people and situations that could compromise my well being and I encourage others to do so as well. I also like to volunteer for causes I believe in such as the Alzheimer’s Association. I agree whole-heartedly with Gandhi’s saying to “be the change you wish to see in the world.”

I really had to step out of my box to write this. If it was about anybody else, I would be impressed, but because it is about me, I just laugh. If this was optional rather than required, I know I wouldn't have done it.
 (345 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment