Tuesday, May 29, 2012

EEEEWWW Saliva

I hate saliva. It is disgusting. Dirty dishes are one of the most repulsive things in the world to me. I just cannot handle them. My parents want me to get a summer job, but my options are severely shortened by the fact that I refuse to handle other people's, especially stranger's, dirty dishes.

At home, I get the choice to either set the table before supper or clear it after supper. I obviously choose to set the table. Some people think setting the table is boring but I don’t mind it. I think it's a whole lot better to touch clean dishes rather than dirty ones. I can't even handle the saliva of my own family. I can only clear my own dirty dishes, and sometimes that even grosses me out. My dad also gives me the choice to either load the dish washer or unload it. Unload, duh! Loading the dish washer is even grosser because you have to turn the dishes on their side and so things can fall off and actually touch you. EWW. Some days, though, I don't have a choice. My father makes me handle the dirty stuff. It's traumatic. Sometimes I wear gloves if I can find them.

I hate having to clear the table when we eat pasta. Something about the red marinara sauce makes everything worse. It's not that it reminds me of blood or anything, it's just more disgusting than the other meals. Steak and meat like that is better because there is less human saliva left on the plate. You only use your silverware so you don’t really have a big chance of getting your hands dirty on a messy plate. I really hate it when sauce spills out the side of a plate and then you touch it. I feel like throwing up when that happens. I also hate touching people’s silverware so I try and balance it in the middle of the plate so I don’t have to come in contact with it. I do the same thing with napkins. I like when people already leave their napkin on their plate so I don’t have to touch it at all. But if I do have to touch it, I either just use two little fingers and grab the corner, or pick it up inside a clean napkin to protect my hand. I hate touching glasses as well because you not only have their hands and fingerprints to deal with, but you have their lip marks as well. Total saliva. Plus you have to deal with any possible liquid that slid down the side of the glass too. My last pet peeve for dishes is sauces. I hate when a sauce is all over the plate. It’s even worse when there are multiple sauces mixes together. It looks like something very repulsive. I would rather make dinner and set the table and do laundry all together rather than clear the table after just one meal.

 (497 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment