Monday, May 28, 2012

Grad Party Trends 2012 cont.

Pork- I enjoy pork, and I even was thinking about serving it next year at my party, but there was just too much this year. Some of the pulled pork was delicious, but others were just weird. I also did not try every one because once you have something you don’t want to eat it multiple times in one day.  Some people had slabs of pork, which is a big no-no. First of all, they don’t really taste good. Second, they are dry and cold. You may put them in a heating dish with juice, but the meat retains neither the juice nor the heat. Once you put the meat on your plate, the juice seeps out, making it dry, and it starts getting cold. Unless you eat it first and fast, the slab is not good.

Catering- This happens every year; people getting their meat and whole meals catered in. this just makes me a bit sat because I like eating homemade recipes from the graduate’s family. Catered meals can be good, but most of the time they include complicated dishes that aren’t worth eating. I enjoy simple, tastey, familiar foods. Also, in my opinion, the party is supposed to feature the graduate’s favorite foods. I find it hard to believe that the graduate a wanted an entire meal catered by a company. I’m sorry. But that sounds like lazy parents.

Dessert Parties- Sadly, quite a few parties this year did not feature full meals. Many people dedicated their entire food spread to treats. This seems like a wonderful idea, but a lot of them are not fun. You find yourself craving actual food. This is especially disappointing if you are expecting a meal, but then you get there and it’s only deserts. Also, when an entire party is dedicated to sweets, you can get some pretty weird stuff that sounds good and looks good but doesn’t taste good at all.

Don’t people know to ask around and inquire what others are serving? This helps the year of food be more diverse. I hope the next two weekends of parties bring a better variety of food.
(357 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment