Monday, May 28, 2012

Grad Party Trends 2012

I have been to around twenty-five graduation parties so far this year and there have been a few prominent trends that stuck out.

Cupcakes- This year, there were hardly any cakes. Everyone decided to skip the big cake and go for cupcakes. Some were good, but others were just okay. When I started to see nothing but cupcakes at every party, I got bored. Out of probably 15 parties with cupcakes, I had about 3. Plus, all of the cupcakes were awkward flavors like almond and champagne. The frosting was terrible. I don’t like a lot of frosting on cake so you may say this was just a personal opinion, which it is, but the frosting also tasted bad. Normally I can have a bit of frosting but pretty much everyone had bad frosting. Also, everyone got their cupcakes from the same place. In addition to having the same idea, everyone had the same caterer. I couldn’t escape them!! The only cupcake I ate and actually enjoyed was a homemade one from the graduate’s great grandmother’s special recipe. I was surprised I liked it because it was chocolate and I don’t like chocolate cake normally, but this recipe was very good and they didn’t go overboard on the frosting. I liked chocolate homemade cupcakes better than all of the other “professional” fancy cupcakes a bunch of people wasted their money on.

Cake Balls- People these days have this big obsession to eat cake batter mixed with frosting rolled up in a little ball covered in chocolate. Sounds like a recipe for diabetes to me. They are just waay too sweet for me. Plus, just like the cupcakes, people made weird flavors like red velvet and strawberry champagne. I don’t even like the normal flavors of these cake balls so just making these crazy ones is too much. And, just like the cupcakes, if you eat cake balls at every party, you get bored ant do not want to eat any more of them.

Party Potatoes/Cheesy Potatoes- Yummmmmy!! This is the one repeated party food that never got old. This dish takes two of the best foods out there-cheese and potatoes-and combines them into one delectable dish. Some parties had better potatoes than others, but they were all very good. Some were dry, not cheesy enough, too potato-y, or had too much seasoning on them, but they all were very edible. This dish is a classic. I will be serving it at my party next year.♥
(415 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment