Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Musical Mania

I
I love musicals. I listen to them everyday. I sing them twenty-four hours a day. I act them out all the time. I have seen so many of them on and off Broadway. I annoy people with how much I love musicals.

My house is full of music. My dad sings and so do all my brothers. My mother does so much backstage work with theater and thinks she can direct play much better than most directors she has met. My brothers, my father, and I have been in numerous musicals. My brothers and I all participated in a lot of children casts in many productions done by Theatre Cedar Rapids. My father is in them too and one my brother even got the lead role of Tony in West Side Story.

Last spring, I went to Chicago to see Les Miserables. It was the best thing I have ever seen. Every actor had so much talent and the music and story itself is amazing. I sat in the fourth row, which made it even more amazing. I was so lucky to be able to go and see it.

Last spring break, I saw two original cast Broadway musicals in New York during our choir trip. I saw Memphis, which was wonderful, and How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, starring Daniel Radcliffe. He was wonderful!!! He sang and danced and was charming and MELTED MY HEART. I love him so much. I was a little concerned about how well he would be able to pull off playing this part because he’s a movie star, but he was so fantastic I wanted to cry. He looked like he had been performing on a Broadway stage his entire life.

Now that one of my brothers has a job in New York City, I hope to visit him a lot and see a few Broadway shows while I'm there. I’m so excited and I can’t wait until I get to see another one!! (332 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment